Learn about the financial services sector from inside the industry while contributing to Regions Bank’s financial education outreach initiatives.
Through an eight-week paid internship in Birmingham, Ala., college and university students will:
- Interact with Regions’ leadership concerning the company’s history, culture, and strategic objectives and study their vision to make life better for their customers, associates and communities.
- Discuss opportunities and challenges facing the financial services sector, including innovative programs to address poverty in Alabama.
- Participate in interactive training on various business and banking issues.
- Lead the outreach activities for Regions’ signature summer financial education initiatives, including SummerQuest, an interactive financial excellence challenge for Birmingham high school students, using live and web-based components.
May 27 - July 18, 2014
Financial Education Outreach Activities for summer 2014 include:
- Directing a Financial Excellence Youth Challenge, a Summer competition in which Birmingham City High School students earn prizes by demonstrating financial knowledge and college preparedness
- Completing an income tax training program that will prepare you to certify as a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) preparer
- Providing financial-literacy workshops in low-income communities
Candidates should be well-rounded with a strong academic background. Minimum GPA of 3.0 required. Candidates with a projected graduation date of 2015 or 2016 are preferred.
Candidates should have demonstrated proficiency in critical thinking, leadership, communication skills, relationship building and teamwork through extracurricular activities, academic pursuits and/or work experience.
Training is in Birmingham, AL, which includes housing.
Think Big. Dream Green.
To learn more, visit http://youtu.be/rZhFOk6FHvE
Regions Financial is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V