Learn about the financial services sector from inside the industry while contributing to Regions Bank’s financial education outreach initiatives.
- Interact with Regions' leadership concerning the company’s history, culture, strategic objectives as well as study their vision to make life better for their customers, associates and communities.
- Discuss opportunities and challenges facing the financial services sector, including innovative programs to address poverty in Alabama.
- Participate in interactive training on various business and banking issues.
- Lead the outreach activities for Regions’ signature summer financial education initiatives, including SummerQuest, an interactive financial excellence challenge for Birmingham high school students, using live and web-based components.
May 27 - July 19, 2013
Financial Education Outreach Activities for Summer 2013 include:
- Directing a Financial Excellence Youth Challenge, a summer competition in which Birmingham City High School students earn prizes by demonstrating financial knowledge and college preparedness
- Completing a tax training program certifying you as a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance preparer
- Providing financial-literacy workshops in low-income communities
The Financial Innovation Summer Internship is open to Junior/Seniors in college with a 3.4 GPA or higher. To be considered for the program, candidates must complete a profile in Regions Careers and attach a one-page cover letter addressing what they hope to gain from the program, as well as a resume, academic transcript and optional letter of recommendation. All submissions must be received by March 30, 2013.
Think Big. Dream Green.
To learn more, visit http://youtu.be/rZhFOk6FHvE
Regions Financial is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V