Is it the right time for you to consider mortgage refinancing? Learn more about when and if it is the right decision for your home's financing.
Should You Refinance – Consider all your mortgage refinancing options.
Once you have made the decision to refinance your present loan, you will receive a Good Faith Estimate within three (3) days of application, which represents our best effort to disclose the cost of mortgage refinancing. Some items that may differ from the Good Faith Estimate provided are:
- Taxes. Actual taxes could differ from the estimates provided due to a new property assessment and new tax rates, not reflected on your Good Faith Estimate, can result in a discrepancy. Mortgage payments with escrow will be based on actual taxes for the improved property.
- Payoffs. The payoff statement obtained just prior to closing discloses the unpaid principal balance, escrow balance, accrued interest, short falls, and late charges due. Some servicers credit the escrow balance to the unpaid principal balance in the payoff calculation; others send the refund directly to the borrowers. If these funds are refunded directly, you will be required to advance funds at closing to establish your new escrow account and await the refund from your original servicer.
- Prepaid Interest. Mortgage interest that is paid in advance based on the loan closing date.
A couple of items to remember while mortgage refinancing is in process:
- When refinancing your primary residence, you must wait three (3) business days from closing before disbursement. During this rescission period you may rescind this transaction at no further cost.
- It is important that you continue to make your present monthly mortgage payment on a timely basis until the mortgage refinancing transaction is complete. Your credit status could be affected if these payments are not received by the present lender on time.
Whatever your mortgage refinancing needs, Regions Mortgage is here to help you every step of the way. Please locate a Regions Mortgage Loan Originator or give us a call today at 1-877-536-3286. We will be happy to assist you in selecting the right loan or answering any questions you may have.