ATTENDING DEGREE-GRANTING INSTITUTIONS
With the Smart Option Student Loan® you can pay for college the smart way! Offering great repayment options and competitive interest rates it is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal student loans.
Enjoy competitive interest rates and no origination fees on student loans
- Undergraduate pricing1: Low variable interest rate range from 2.25% APR to 9.37% APR. Competitive fixed interest rate range from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR.
- Graduate pricing 1, 2: Low variable interest rate range from 2.25% APR to 7.27% APR. Competitive fixed interest rate range from 5.74% APR to 8.56% APR.
Get the money you need for school
- Borrow up to 100 percent of your school-certified costs of attendance (minimum $1,000)8.
Choose the in-school repayment option that's best for you
- Deferred Repayment - Defer payments until six months after school1
- Fixed Repayment - Make a small monthly payment while in school and for six months after school1
- Interest Repayment - Pay interest while in school and for six months after school
A cosigner can really pay off
- A cosigner can help you qualify
Applying with a cosigner — like a parent or other creditworthy individual — can give you a better chance of approval or even help you get a lower interest rate.
- Optional cosigner release
You can apply to release your cosigner after you graduate and make 12 consecutive, on-time principal and interest payments.3
Rewards for paying on time
- Get a Smart Reward® in your Upromise® account of 2 percent of your scheduled monthly payments that are made on time while in school (Not available with the Deferred Repayment Option).4
- Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit.5
Student loan features
- Easy online application with fast credit result and electronic signature ("eSign") available.
- 24/7 online account management.
- No prepayment penalty.
- Loan forgiveness in the event of a student's death or permanent and total disability6
- Graduated Repayment Period7 — Budget flexibility for graduating students.
- Available for U.S. citizens enrolled in eligible study abroad programs or studying at medical schools outside the U.S.
- International students are eligible with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and applicable CIS documents.
Student loan limits
- $1,000 minimum student loan amount.
- Borrow up to 100 percent of your school-certified costs of education (minimum $1,000).
Student loan repayment
- Defer your payments until after school or choose an in-school repayment option that fits your needs.1
- Consider option to make principal and interest payments while in school to lower the amount you must pay back.
- Required principal and interest payments begin following the six-month separation period.
- Unpaid interest will be added to the outstanding loan balance when your student loan enters required principal and interest repayment.
- Prepay your loan at any time without penalty.
We encourage students and families to supplement their savings by exploring grants, scholarships, federal and state student loans, and to consider the anticipated monthly payments on their total student loan debt and their expected future earnings before considering a private education loan.
For additional information about student loans, please contact our education lending resource provider.
Student/Parent Loan Origination and Servicing Call Center:
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m to 9 p.m. EST
Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST
Sallie Mae Contact for Regions Branch and School Personnel:
Trish Wallace, 1-850-248-9423
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Visit www.Regions.com/studentloans for additional information. Regions Bank has selected Sallie Mae as our education loan provider. Terms, conditions and limitations apply.