ATTENDING DEGREE-GRANTING INSTITUTIONS
Regions Bank is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
You must attend an eligible school and be enrolled in an eligible program. U.S. citizens enrolled in eligible study abroad programs or studying at medical schools outside the United States are also eligible. International students are eligible with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and appropriate U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service documentation. You must meet current credit and other eligibility criteria.
1. Interest rates for the Fixed and Deferred Repayment Options are higher than for loans with the Interest Repayment Option. Variable rates may increase after consummation. Interest is charged while you are in school and during the 6 month separation period. Any interest that remains unpaid when you enter full repayment will be added to your loan balance.
2. Interest rates for the Fixed and Deferred Repayment Options are higher than for loans with the Interest Repayment Option. Graduate student pricing on the Smart Option Student Loan is limited to students enrolling in a Masters/Doctorate level degree program. Graduate Certificate/Continuing Education course work is not eligible for graduate student pricing. Variable rates may increase after consummation. Interest is charged while you are in school and during the 6 month separation period. Any interest that remains unpaid when you enter full repayment will be added to your loan balance.
3. As certified by your school and confirmed by Sallie Mae, less other financial aid received. Sallie Mae reserves the right to approve a lower loan amount than what the school has certified. Requested amounts exceeding $99,999 may require multiple loans.
4. Only the borrower may apply for cosigner release. The borrower must provide proof of successful completion of school, be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, be current and have made 12 consecutive on-time payments of principal and interest immediately before applying, provide proof of income and pass a credit check when the release request is processed.
5. Primary borrower can earn a reward into his or her active Upromise account of 2 percent of the scheduled loan payment amount for each on time payment during the in school and separation periods. Loan payments must remain current to be eligible for the reward. The Smart Reward Benefit and Upromise membership are subject to the terms and conditions of the Upromise service, as may be amended from time to time. Terms and conditions apply to the Upromise service. Participating companies, contribution levels and terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Go to upromise.com to learn more. Upromise Accounts are not FDIC insured, carry no bank guarantee and may lose value.
6. Borrower or cosigner must enroll in auto debit through Sallie Mae. The rate reduction benefit applies only during active repayment for as long as the borrower's monthly payment amount is successfully deducted from the designated bank account and is suspended during forbearances and certain deferments. For multi-party loans, only one party may enroll in auto debit.
7. Available for loans that first disburse on or after July 1, 2013 to finance academic periods that begin on or after July 1, 2013 at a degree granting institution. Graduated Repayment Period (GRP) requires interest payments for the initial 12 month period of repayment when you would normally begin making full principal and interest payments (which typically begins six months after graduation) or during the 12 month period after your request is granted, whichever is later. At the time you request GRP, you must have graduated with no interruption in enrollment, be current on payments, and not be more than 30 days late on payments on any student loan. You may request GRP only during the two billing cycles immediately preceding and the two billing cycles immediately after your loan would normally begin requiring full principal and interest payments. GRP does not extend the term of the loan. If you are approved for GRP, your principal and interest payments will be higher than if GRP did not apply, and your total loan cost will increase.
SALLIE MAE BANK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
Information advertised valid as of 7/25/2014.
©2014 Sallie Mae Bank. All rights reserved. Sallie Mae, Smart Option Student Loan, the Sallie Mae logo and Smart Reward are service marks or registered service marks of Sallie Mae Bank or its subsidiaries. Upromise is a registered service mark of Upromise, Inc. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sallie Mae Bank and Upromise Inc., are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Other logos are trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
Smart Options Student Loans are made by Sallie Mae Bank or a lender partner (not Regions Bank).