Regions Bank is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
You must attend an eligible school and be enrolled in an eligible program. U.S. citizens enrolled in eligible study abroad programs or studying at medical schools outside the United States are also eligible. International students are eligible with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and appropriate U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service documentation. You must meet current credit and other eligibility criteria.
1. Interest rates for the Fixed and Deferred Repayment Options are higher than for loans with the Interest Repayment Option. APRs for borrowers attending non-degree granting institutions range from 7.99 percent to 13.62 percent with an origination fee up to 5.00 percent. Origination fees mean application or disbursement fees. Variable rates may increase after consummation. Interest is charged while you are in school and during the 6 month separation period. Any interest that remains unpaid when you enter full repayment will be added to your loan balance.
2. Graduate student pricing on the Smart Option Student Loan is limited to students enrolling in a Masters/Doctorate level degree program. Graduate Certificate/Continuing Education course work is not eligible for graduate student pricing.
3. To qualify, borrower must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and meet the underwriting requirements when the release request is processed.
4. Primary borrower can earn reward into his or her active Upromise account of 2 percent of the scheduled loan payment amount for each on time payment during the in school and separation periods. Loan payments must remain current to be eligible for the reward. Benefit and Upromise membership subject to the terms and conditions of the Upromise service, as may be amended from time to time. Terms and conditions apply to the Upromise service. Participating companies, contribution levels and terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Go to upromise.com to learn more. Upromise Accounts are not FDIC insured, carry no bank guarantee and may lose value.
5. The rate reduction benefit applies only if the recurring payment is successfully deducted from the designated account and is suspended during forbearances and certain deferments. For multi-party loans, only one party may enroll in auto debit.
6. Loan forgiveness is not available to borrowers residing in Alaska or Montana.
7. Available for loans that first disburse on or after July 1, 2013 to finance academic periods that begin on or after July 1, 2013 at a degree granting institution. Graduated Repayment Period (GRP) requires interest payments for the initial 12 month period of repayment when you would normally begin making full principal and interest payments (which typically begins six months after graduation) or during the 12 month period after your request is granted, whichever is later. At the time you request GRP, you must have graduated with no interruption in enrollment, be current on payments, and not have been late on payments on this or any other Sallie Mae serviced loans. You may request GRP only during the two billing cycles immediately preceding and the two billing cycles immediately after your loan would normally begin requiring full principal and interest payments. GRP does not extend the term of the loan. If you are approved for GRP, your principal and interest payments will be higher than if GRP did not apply, and your total loan cost will increase.
SALLIE MAE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
Information advertised valid as of 11/25/2013.
Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loans for Regions Bank customers are made by Sallie Mae Bank® or a lender partner (not Regions Bank).
©1995-2013 Sallie Mae, Inc. All rights reserved. The Sallie Mae logo, Sallie Mae, Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan, Smart Option Student Loan, Smart Reward, and Sallie Mae Bank are registered service marks of, Sallie Mae, Inc. Upromise is a registered service mark of Upromise, Inc. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States. Other logos are trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.