We understand that life is busy. Forgetting to record a check or debit can easily happen to anyone. Regions wants you to know that when you get caught short of funds, you have options. Regions has services to help you when you need available funds – Regions Overdraft Protection and Standard Overdraft Coverage. Both services may be available to eligible customers.
With Regions Overdraft Protection, your checking account is linked to a funding account, such as a savings, money market, credit card, or even a line of credit. If you do not have available funds in your checking account to cover a transaction, Overdraft Protection will automatically transfer funds from your linked account, in $100 increments, subject to a transfer fee of up to $15 per transfer. Regions Overdraft Protection is also used to authorize Check Card and ATM transactions, helping ensure these transactions are not declined.
Set up Overdraft Protection by linking your accounts today. Visit your nearest branch, call 1-800-REGIONS, or log onto online banking.
Standard Overdraft Coverage
Regions Standard Overdraft Coverage is a service we provide on many checking accounts that may cover transactions if you overdraw your account and in the event linked account funds are depleted. By electing to opt in1 to this service, we may authorize and pay your every day Check Card transactions even if you don't have enough money in your account, which may result in an overdraft fee. Our Paid Overdraft Item fee is $36 and is subject to change. Similar to Overdraft Protection, Standard Overdraft Coverage can be convenient and save you the embarrassment of declined transactions.
Need another way to opt in or out?
If you are not an Online Banking customer, please call 1-800-947-BANK (2265), make an election at a Regions ATM or visit a branch to opt in or out.
Still have questions?
Find the answers in the FAQs.
If you decide you do not want Regions Overdraft Protection or Standard Overdraft Coverage, your Check Card and ATM transactions will be declined when funds are not available. This will not prevent all overdrafts – it just means we will decline transactions at the point of sale or withdrawal if the money is not available at the time of the transaction.
Information about Regions Standard Overdraft Coverage
- Paid Overdraft Item fee is $36 and is subject to change. Fees may be imposed for any debit transaction that causes your account to be overdrawn, including by check, in-person or ATM withdrawal, CheckCard, or withdrawal/transfer by any other manual or electronic means.
- We reserve the right to require you to pay any overdraft immediately or upon demand. We also reserve the right not to pay overdrafts. We typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts.
- For more information, please refer to the disclosure above titled "What You Need To Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees".
* The information and disclosures on this page are applicable only to Regions personal banking customers.
1. Be sure to select Learn More to read "What You Need To Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees" before opting in.
2. By selecting the Learn More option above, you agree to receive this disclosure electronically. If you would like to have or retain a paper copy of the disclosure, you may print it or you may visit one of our branch locations and request a paper copy. This option also requires Adobe Acrobat Reader - download it here for free.