Whether it is an individual, a small business or a large company, each customer should know that the people at Regions take a comprehensive approach to working with them to fully understand their needs and then offer a complete range of solutions to meet those needs. Our branch Bankers play a vital role in our customers’ banking experience.
The Management Associate Branch Team Leader (“MA BTL”) is a customer-facing position and a direct performance contributor for our banking products and services. In addition to sales, the MA BTL is the support leader for the branch Bankers, Service, and Teller positions, ensuring quality service at all levels.
As an MA BTL, you can expect some of the following responsibilities:
- Achieve individual performance goals.
- Resolve customer and associate issues in the Branch Manager's absence.
- Coach staff to achieve branch sales and service goals.
- May assist in creating staff schedules and coaching staff.
Successful MA BTLs possess the following professional skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to manage monetary transactions with a high degree of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Sales ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Successful MA BTLs generally have obtained experience/education in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Financial Services or a related field.
- Previous sales and/or cash handling experience.
- Practical experience in financial services or retail environment.
- Expected to obtain an insurance license within 12 months and maintain continuing education for licensing requirements.
- This position requires registration with the national Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). Please refer to (http://mortgage.nationwidelicensing.org) for more information.
This document is not a formal job description. It is intended to describe the general nature of the work that a Management Associate in this track of the program may be expected to perform or observe over the course of the program. This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, and Regions reserves the right to amend and change program participants’ duties and responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs, which may vary by group, department, branch, and/or location.