The array of products offered by Capital Markets helps Regions Relationship Managers compete in today’s rapidly evolving financial environment. The capital-raising services complement Regions lending activities, in addition to providing advisory services associated with mergers, acquisitions, and non-traditional forms of capital.
The Management Associate Capital Markets Analyst (MA CMA) serves as the primary support for the Capital Markets Managing Directors, Directors, and Vice Presidents by updating marketing materials, providing analytics, and maintaining databases to support the marketing effort. MA CMAs are also responsible for supporting senior team members in all aspects of the deal process.
MA Capital Markets Analysts can also assist in the cultivation of client relationships by conducting research, staying abreast of client and industry trends, and participating in industry and client related strategic and tactical planning.
As an MA CMA, associates can expect some of the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and creation of client marketing materials.
- Generate statistical and analytical reports.
- Work closely with senior team members and other groups with the bank to prepare transaction documents.
- Evaluate transactions and ensure the proper understanding of the structure, provisions, and schedules.
Successful MA CMAs possess the following professional skills:
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong finance, accounting, and business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Energetic self-starter dedicated to excellence and achieving results
- Ability to work long hours and willingness to handle significant and multiple responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure
Successful MA CMAs generally have obtained experience/education in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, financial/investment services, economics or a related field with proven record of high achievement. MBA preferred.
- Coursework in accounting and corporate finance.
- Past relevant experience preferred (i.e.-summer internships or 1-2 years past experience)
This document is not a formal job description. It is intended to describe the general nature of the work that a Management Associate in this track of the program may be expected to perform or observe over the course of the program. This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, and Regions reserves the right to amend and change program participants’ duties and responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs, which may vary by group, department, branch, and/or location.