The Consumer Lending (CL) track within the Management Associate Program (MAP) is an entry level position into the Mortgage field. The CL Management Associate will rotate for 18 months throughout multiple functional areas of Consumer Lending and build fundamental skills that will foster long-term success. The Consumer Lending rotations will be located in Birmingham, AL.
Department rotations may include:
- Mortgage Operations
- Consumer Compliance
- Strategic Services
- Secondary Marketing
As a CL MA, associates can expect some of the following responsibilities:
- Provide analytical and administrative support to Mortgage operations in the processing, underwriting, and closing of mortgage loans.
- Provide administrative support to one or more functional areas such as appraisal review and analytical and reporting support for construction lending.
- Provide quality assurance related to mortgage loans. Gather information to respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Coordinate projects between different areas of consumer lending or other line of business partners. Work with technology partners to implement updates and new systems.
- Ensure loans are prepared to sell to agencies. Assist in the product development process and maintenance for mortgage and consumer, including answering questions from loan originators.
After the completion of the CL department rotations, the associate will be placed based upon interest, aptitude, experience, and departmental need.
Successful CL MAs possess the following professional skills:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle time pressures while working efficiently and accurately
Successful CL MAs generally have obtained experience/education in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
Back to Positions