Regions Corporate Bank Analyst Program offers recent college graduates a career-launching opportunity to work for Regions Corporate Bank, which serves our clients with a comprehensive suite of investment banking, corporate finance, and capital markets capabilities. Analysts will be directly responsible for supporting various origination and execution responsibilities, including mergers and acquisitions, loan syndications, fixed income, financial risk management products, and alternative capital in support of acquisition financing, leveraged buyouts, dividend recapitalizations, or general corporate purposes. Our middle-market focus and small deal team size give Analysts the opportunity to work with senior bankers on important client projects on a daily basis.
The Corporate Bank Analyst Program entails an intensive six-week training module in Atlanta. During this time, Analysts will develop relationships with peers from across the Corporate Bank while participating in classroom instruction from senior bankers and leading outside consultants on financial accounting, corporate finance, credit analysis, financial modeling, valuation and more.
Following the initial training, Analysts will report to a specific General Corporate, Specialized Industry, or Capital Markets group located in Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, or Houston. Ongoing training will come from mentors assigned to each Analyst as well as senior bankers on each local team. Analysts will also be expected to complete regulatory licensing examinations (Series 79 and Series 63) within six-months of employment. Regions does not have a fixed-period Analyst program and encourages Analyst development for long term employment and promotion for those Analysts demonstrating superior performance and leadership.
Responsibilities may include:
- Compiling and understanding market data and trends
- Assisting in the creation of detailed projection models
- Assisting in fundamental financial analysis (including industry research, qualitative and quantitative company performance, financial statement detail, and comparable transaction information)
- Attending internal committee meetings
- Assisting with the drafting of client presentations and proposals
- Assisting in the drafting of offering materials for mandated transactions
- Bachelor’s degree with proven record of high achievement
- Business major preferred with coursework in finance, economics, accounting, or a related business discipline
- At least a 3.0 GPA in business classes
- Relevant experience (e.g. summer internship) highly desired
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Dedication towards excellence and achieving results
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Energetic self-starter with willingness to take on significant and multiple responsibilities
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, team focused environment
Regions’ may post multiple positions, in addition to the Corporate Bank Analyst position, and applicants are encouraged to apply for multiple positions.
Back to Positions