The Human Resources track within the Management Associate Program (MAP) is an entry level position into the HR field. The HR MA will rotate for two years throughout multiple functional areas of HR and build fundamental skills that will foster long-term success. The rotations will be located in Birmingham, AL.
Department rotations may include:
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Business Group Support (Corporate, Corporate Banking, or Regional Banking)
As an HR MA, you can expect some of the following responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to one or more functional areas such as personnel records, associate or labor relations, compensation, benefits, training and/or equal opportunity/affirmative action.
- Recruit, screen, and interview internal and external applicants to fill current or expected job vacancies. Review and evaluate applicants' work history, education, training, and other qualifications.
- May perform higher level duties involving associate communications and responding to routine questions on human resources policies and procedures.
- Participate in research projects related to strategic initiatives for supported units.
- Maintain and distribute (as appropriate) current associate information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communications. Conduct and summarize internal and external surveys to gather information for policy development and planning.
After the completion of the HR department rotations, you will be placed based upon interest, experience, and company needs.
Successful HR MAs possess the following professional skills:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility and strong multitasking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Successful HR MAs generally have obtained experience/education in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field.
- Practical Human Resources experience in an entry level HR role or HR environment preferred.
This document is not a formal job description. It is intended to describe the general nature of the work that a Management Associate in this track of the program may be expected to perform or observe over the course of the program. This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, and Regions reserves the right to amend and change program participants’ duties and responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs, which may vary by group, department, branch, and/or location.