Regions Specialized Industries is comprised of a seasoned group of talented, relationship-oriented bankers focused on meeting the unique needs of small- to mid-cap companies. With our team’s industry knowledge and expertise, we provide creative and customized solutions tailored to each company’s strategic and financial objectives. Our product capabilities include: Private Placements, Acquisition/Bridge Financing, Loan Syndications, Senior Credit Facilities, Project Finance, and more.
We provide our products and solutions in the following industries:
- Technology & Services
- Defense & Government Services
- Government & Institutional Banking
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Transportation & Logistics
- Financial Services
Learn more about our products and solutions for each specialized industry.
The Management Associate Specialized Industries Analyst (MA SIA) serves as the primary analytical support for senior bankers in both the origination and execution of traditional corporate banking products and services, including loan syndications, various capital markets products, and strategic and financial advisory services.
The MA SIA participates in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions during which provides exposure to key executives and senior bankers. The Analyst delivers services as part of a client team that also consists of Associates, Vice Presidents, and Directors/Managing Directors.
As an MA SIA, you can expect some of the following responsibilities:
- Maintain proprietary databases through monitoring news, current events, transactions and financial information for clients, prospects and other industry participants.
- Develop detailed financial models to value companies and depict projected financial results.
- Prepare written material including pitches, proposals, client materials, and associated supporting analyses.
- Conduct extensive financial and industry research to evaluate the risk/return parameters of a transaction.
Successful MA SIAs possess the following professional skills:
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong finance, accounting and business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Energetic self-starter dedicated to excellence and achieving results
- Ability to work long hours and willingness to handle significant and multiple responsibilities
- Strong Attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure
Successful MA SIAs generally have obtained experience/education in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree with proven record of high achievement in finance, financial/investment services, economics or a related field.
- Coursework in financial accounting and corporate finance.
- Past relevant experience preferred (i.e., summer internships or 1-2 years past experience)
This document is not a formal job description. It is intended to describe the general nature of the work that a Management Associate in this track of the program may be expected to perform or observe over the course of the program. This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, and Regions reserves the right to amend and change program participants’ duties and responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs, which may vary by group, department, branch, and/or location.