How to Stay Safe at the ATM Machine
Here are some important tips to remember when utilizing your ATM/Regions VISA® CheckCard:
- Never reveal your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone in person or over the telephone for any reason, even if the individual represents themselves as a bank employee. Bank employees will not ask you for your PIN. This is especially important if you have recently lost or had your card stolen.
- Be cautious or suspicious of anyone loitering nearby, those who might engage you in conversation, closely observe you or remain in parked cars while approaching or using the ATM; protect your PIN from view.
- Remember to take your receipt at any ATM location, because it could potentially contain account information.
- Avoid counting or needlessly exposing cash at the ATM. It should be counted in a secure place away from the machine. You want to spend as little time at the ATM facility as possible.
Regions Bank realizes you are not always able to utilize one of our ATM locations. Therefore, please keep the following in mind:
- When possible, try to choose a facility that has limited foliage or vision obstructions and is well trafficked.
- If an ATM facility must be used at night, try to select one in a well lighted area or have another person accompany you.
- You can use our Branch/ATM Locator to find an ATM near you.